Thursday, December 18, 2008

You're So Artistic

It’s no secret that San Francisco is one of the artistic centers on planet Earth. The lovely mishmash of cultures and ideas make it so that almost anyone can find something visually stimulating. With this in mind, I decided to add another notch in my City belt by checking out some of the finest murals SF has to offer. Why? Because every San Franciscan should have a love – or at least respect – for art.

Now you can go your own way based on the whispers of locals and articles you’ve read in the Chronicle – totally legit. I, on the other hand, took advantage of one of KQED’s art tour guides. Spark – a fantastic show that I may or may not be affiliated with – did their latest jaunt on a walking tour of murals. I feel so cultured (and City) when viewing PBS!


The adventure took me from North Beach to the Mission and even though I did restrain myself from going burrito bonkers, there were plenty of highlights. Including, but not limited to:

- starting off at Coit Tower with a beautiful view

- criminals captured in art

- pleasant surprise behind the Safeway on Church and Market

- predictions of the future
- vegetarian cheesesteak at Jay’s

- alleys! (Balmy and Clarion)

I don’t want to get into too many details. “Save some City for me!” you may yell. So put on your walking shoes, grab the Fast Pass, and see how many Sirron Norris pieces you can find.




[Note: My affiliation? I took those walking tour pics]

No comments: